This weekend is the annual “labor day” holiday here in the U.S. Some call it the end of summer, others say this is the last time you can wear white. I say it’s time we find some healthy recipes to share with our friends, family and loved ones! Have a great holiday ya’all!
All of the recipes I’ve posted fall into this category and below are 5 recipes I found on Pinterest that meet the healthy holiday recipe criteria. So forget the ribs, baked beans and pie…instead.give one of these a try! And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest as my food and recipe boards keep expanding with lots of healthy recipe ideas.
1. Omega-rich hemp slaw – this one has lots of the important omega’s and has the word hemp in it – certainly a discussion starter!
2. Raspberry Coconut Chia Pudding Pops – these icy pops aren’t just healthy, they taste great and the chia seeds inside should keep the kids wondering how they got there for hours!
3. Grilled Summer Squash Salad – with the summer coming to a close, it’s a perfect time to use some summer squash. The peppers, tomatoes and pumpkin seeds bring the salad together and the vinaigrette adds some pop to every bite!
4. Quinoa Pizza Balls – omg these look awesome! There is a time every once in a while that I miss pizza. It’s becoming rarer and rarer and is pretty shocking considering my old ways of eating an entire pizza! These pizza balls look festive and are great for a cocktail party. The quinoa is a total discussion starter and the beans, oregano and parsley give the balls an Italian kick. I love that the sweetener used is liquid stevia – definitely my go-to sweetener these days.
5. Raw Blue Moon Torte – this one comes from the awesome Penni Shelton who runs the Raw Food Rehab site. It’s amazing how awesome raw foods can look! The torte uses dates, macadamia nuts, coconut along with lots of blueberries. This raw blueberry torte looks like the perfect way to enjoy the evening.