So I am now a week with no pasta – pretty crazy considering that I generally ate spaghetti about 3x a week. The funny thing is that one of my most popular meals was a hamburger and spaghetti and now I don’t eat either of these items!
Here are some of the things I’ve learned this past week by not eating any pasta:
- I did it – I wasn’t sure if I could resist the noodle but as the days went on, there was less of a desire to run to the noodle
- Preparing dinner is quicker – instead of waiting for the water to boil, then cooking the pasta, then draining the pasta, then saucing the pasta…we now get to dinner much quicker. And one less item to clean!
- The plate is much lighter – even though I generally ate 1.5 servings based on the nutrition facts on the box, the plate always seemed very heavy as I carried it from the counter to the table. Now the plate is amazingly light.
- I thought that removing the pasta would mean the meal would be very short – but somehow I find myself spending the same amount of time.
- Filling up the space on the plate – I just added more greens to fill up the space on the plate
- I don’t feel as heavy after the meal is over – not sure how else to explain this but I feel full but not heavy
- It seems like the scale is moving nicely now – I wonder if the pasta was holding the scale back. Of course when the pasta is so heavy on the plate and even though a lot of the weight I guess is water, it still weighs more than lettuce.
So far so good, I will be continuing this plan and while I am not going to completely rule out eating some pasta from time-to-time, I definitely feel like I can live without it on the schedule that I used to be on.