I love my morning green smoothies! There’s nothing like a green smoothie for weight loss. So far every superfood smoothie recipe I’ve tried has tasted great and I look forward to sharing my concoctions with ya’all. Today’s smoothie menu is a Mango-rific Super Green Smoothie!
(check out all of my smoothie recipes)
And remember the most important part of making your own smoothies: experiment! First, it will help you find the recipes and the ingredients you enjoy and second, it will help you get great variety in the nutrients your putting into your body.
- one banana (can be frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups mango chunks (it’s about 30 chunks)
- 6 oz orange juice (freshly squeezed or not)
- 6 oz water
- one teaspoon maca powder (optional; this is the superfood)
- one tablespoon chia seeds (optional; if you add the chia seeds, make sure you consume the smoothie after blending because otherwise the chia grows like the chia pet and will make the smoothie a bit like pudding)
- spinach (as much as you can fit in your blender – I used about ⅓ pound or 4 huge handfuls)
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency
This recipe makes about 28-32oz of smoothie and I used a Blendtec blender to whip it up. I used organic spinach, organic orange juice, organic banana — the mango chunks were conventional.