Do you like chocolate? Do you like rich and decadent drinks? Do you want to improve your health in one glass? I’d like to introduce you to my raw chocolate superfood smoothie recipe which is awesome for you and your sweetie to share for Valentine’s Day. Forget the fattening chocolate bars and candy, grab this smoothie instead and not only will you feed your need for chocolate, you and your sweetie will be doing going for your bodies! And make sure to check out the giveaway below for a chance to win awesome free stevia courtesy of NuNaturals.
I love all my smoothies — they have helped me lose a tremendous amount of weight in the last year and have also helped me feel great. Sometimes though, I want some chocolate. This chocolate superfood smoothie is perfect for an after-dinner snack.
This smoothie uses the superfoods of cacao, acai and chia. Check out some of the awesome health benefits of raw cacao powder – this chocolate packs taste and super-charged nutrition! (source)
- Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. In fact, it has up to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea.
- Raw cacao powder is a great source of magnesium, which is beneficial for heart health, good digestion, brain alertness, strong bones, and mental health.
- A Harvard study focused on the Kuna Indians off the Caribbean coast of Panama who drink 5 cups of cacao every day, linking it to their lower rates of heart disease and hypertension.
And now the exciting giveaway!!
NuNaturals makes the stevia I like to use in my smoothies and juices. I like the quality of their products and that their stevia is alcohol-free. They have been nice enough to offer y’all a chance to win one of four packages. Each package will include
- one bottle of their brand new chocolate stevia
- one bottle of either their lemon, orange or peppermint stevia.
How To Enter:
Leave a comment with how you plan to spend Valentine’s Day this year. You can also like the LTF Facebook page and/or the NuNaturals Facebook page for an extra entry. Leave a note in your comment if you like either or both pages.
The contest will run through 11:59pm Eastern Time on February 14, 2013. I will randomly select the 4 winners on February 15 and will notify the winners by email so make sure you use your real email in your entry (the email will not be shared).
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1.5 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon acai powder (optional)
- 2.5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 dropper NuNaturals chocolate stevia
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- Blend and taste and adjust stevia to desired sweetness level.
- Split into two glasses, toast and enjoy!